Monday, April 26, 2010

"Chad" aka G** V**** (read on) PART ONE

This is the guy is one of my all time faves and I'd like to save it, but he was one of my firsts so I should share now.

Chad, G** V**** winked at me 3 days into my online dating endeavor, and, as he pointed out to me on gchat, he "found my quick".

G** V**** was CUTE. If you know me but at ALL you know that I'd rather be with a cuddle bear than a stud... I don't go for the juice heads. So when he winked at me, I didn't hesitate to send him a winkaroo right back. Now, I know you're probably dying to know what kind of stuff these guys say to me that keeps me interested. So I'm going to paste the email that he wrote me to get my attention. Keep in mind that at this point the guy doesn't even know my name. "Chad" writes:

Thanks for the wink back. I'm "Chad". I'm 25, and I've been in DC for about 3 years now. I grew up in Massachusetts, went to college there, and lived in Boston for a year before coming to DC. Where are you from originally?

That's awesome you're such a big sports fan. I never understood why guys are intimidated by girls who like sports, but I know some guys that are. I think it's great. So if you don't like the Phillies, I'm assuming your a Mets fan? Maybe even a Nationals fan? Being from Massachusetts I'm obviously a Red Sox fan, but they're #2 behind the Patriots. Every Sunday since I moved to DC has been spent at the same sports bar in the exact same spot at the bar.

That's great you're going back to school. I'm planning on going back part-time in the Fall for my MBA. I've put it off for too long now. I had a bit of an It's Always Sunny marathon last night. Somehow 5 episodes showed up on my DVR so I had to watch them all. I think the episode where Dee is dating the rapper, and the Nightman song makes its first appearance is my favorite of all time. I even went as Greenman last Halloween.

Well I guess I should do some work now. Look forward to hearing from you.

- "Chad"

Sounds normal, right? This email led to many more and eventually we started talking daily. I looked forward to hearing from him (despite the fact that he's a Pats and Sox fan) and it seemed crazy to me that I found such a smart, interesting and handsome guy so quickly! He asked me out for a Saturday-- you only book Saturdays when you mean business-- game watch/dinner/drinks which is my perfect night... so I didn't think twice when I suggested a phone date beforehand. Besides, I had built up Chad's voice in my head, gosh he was sexy. So one night after class my phone rings and I see that it's him. The anticipation was ALMOST too much, I was so excited! Our cyber fairy tale was taking it's next step. I cleared my throat, clicked that little green button and in my cutest voice answered, "Hello?"

On the other side I hear, "Hallaaaow??? Liz? It's (Chad)"

Oh


My


God.




You're kidding right? I didn't know what to think, other than this must be a joke... or a sassy shampoo boy at my hair dresser's making phone calls for my newest man friend. I was mortified. I tried to play it off the best I could and suggested he call me back later (he informed me he was out with his friends still but couldn't wait to call). What was I to think? His voice was not just high pitched, it was flamboyant beyond belief. Everything I built in my head was crashing down and I confided in a trusted source before our date...

me: i'm excited! i just am nervous about the femm thing lol
12:07 PMDanielle: you shouldn't be nervous about it
he should
12:08 PMme: yeah but i'm nervous that i'll be so turned off by it i won't know what to do
even when we're on the phone im like, ehhhhh
and then when i play it cool im all proud of myself
Danielle: hahhahaha
me: you know like when you walk by a seriously deformed person on the street and dont stare
12:09 PMand you're like, wow, good for me looking at people in god's eyes
Danielle: HAHAHAHAH
new away message
you are going to have a great time

I'm a terrible person, I know. But it's true and still funny.

I took the high road. This is a guy I have really enjoyed talking to. We get along so well and I've been looking forward to this date. I'm going to let this get in the way? The covenant consoled me and suggested that it may not be so bad in person... a good point. Still, the fact that I googled, "are all men with feminine voices gay?" was probably a red flag. By the way, I actually did that, not an exaggeration. I just decided that we should keep conversation off the phone and strictly online. Now I just had to get through our marathon date...

Chad "Gay Voice" TO BE CONTINUED....

2 comments:

  1. I'm anxiously awaiting part two. And, I love that you googled that - I would have done exactly the same thing! I'm also a fan of looking up things on urban dictionary to make sure I'm not saying anything inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your entry. I feel almost famous even though my only lines included laughing.

    ReplyDelete