
You know how friends don't let friends drink and dial? Well what the hell was I thinking drinkin' and online dating? After my date with Adam McSadFace (bust) I decided to get back on that horse. The site picks out one person every week they're "especially confident" in. I'm not totally sure how they come to this conclusion, but I decided that this very special man was going to receive an email. It said,
"Your profile keeps showing up on my thing, so I'm emailing you."
Apparently that's all that takes because "Bobby" got on the IM right away with, "If the site wills it..."
DAMN you 10% alc. beer. We had some good conversation, but I accidentally blocked him on the IM (just the move of a woman at her finest) and so we moved things to the more comfortable venue of gchat. (Oo la la, I know). To be honest, I thought good ol' Bobby was pretty decent. He was clever, which I love. I knew he wasn't exactly a dream boat, but when he asked me out to brunch a few days later, I couldn't say no.
It wasn't brunch that got weird, it was when we decided to go for a walk. Bobby is actually a year younger than I am, but he acted like he was 10 years older. I like a guy that challenges me, but not one that thinks he's THE MAN. Bobby turned out to be a LITTLE MAN with a big ego.
So throughout our chat Bobby tells me that he's looking for a new pad. It's time to move up in the world, and we happened to be in the neighborhood he had in mind. So in our walk, I crap you not, we walk by an open house... and go in. Have you EVER been on a first date where you look at housing? It's pretty awkward. Not the worst thing to ever happen, but in the 20 minutes we were there I got an email from another man friend (to be continued, this one was GREAT) who I had been chatting with and really enjoying. I faked something important to read the email...
Signs you are not clicking:
a) You take emails from other dudes.
Red flag.
b) When a real estate agent thinks you're in a couple it gives you the heebie jeebies.
c) You resort to phrases like "heebie jeebies".
Anyways, I wish I could give you more interesting details but honestly it was all a bunch of Bob Blah Blah Blah... we had no happy ending, just a few awkward gchats (he wanted a massage, and when I recommended a masseur I know I think he got the picture....)
Besides, that day the site gave me a braaaand new suggestion.
No comments:
Post a Comment