Ian is the dude that I went out with on Greg's birthday night. You know, the one I was ready to ditch last minute. On paper he looked good though. GW grad, recently accepted to some very reputable law schools and had even studied in Italy-- all classes in Italian-- just like yours truly. We decided to meet up for drinks after class one day and maybe speak Italian over a few aperitivi. All the places that Ian suggested were on the swanky side, but we landed on a place in Dupont that was nice but not over the top.

I'm not sure how I got through the date so well. There was clearly zero chemistry and an over abundance of BS conversation. Ian was pretty high on himself, and (as you can tell) I like to take a guy down a notch or ten. I grew bored of his paralegal stories and clear bandwagon fandom of the Yankees pretty quickly. To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure he suggested this restaurant because he knew, and had a crush on, the waitress. Kudos to me for keeping up the smile.
Actually I take that back, I DO know how I got through it. It was my old friend, G&T, and since Ian wanted to split an appetizer, I didn't have a whole lot in my tummy keeping it company. Two of those bad boys and I was sailing up the river Styx that was this date.
So two drinks and one split appetizer later, the check comes.
I perform my usual routine. Reach for the purse. Suggest we split the bill. When he offers to pay I reply, "Are you sure? I don't mind!" he insists, and instead I say thank you.
But not this time.
Captain Personality accepts my offer, and when I realize I only have my card anyway, we put the bill on my card and he paid me his half in cash.
Dear Men,
When a gal gives you a chance to be baller and foot a $25 bill, take it! Because otherwise other chicks and dudes will read about it and judge you on some interweb blog.
Cheers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the last woman to play the girly role, but dude when you ask a girl out, and it's a first date, get your head in the game!!
You can tell where someone's been
Without even asking him
He's either rude or has some style and panache
Bonus points if you can name that tune...
MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete(only the best song in the universe)