Monday, June 14, 2010

"Henry" The End is Nigh

So I usually make a point of not writing about anyone I am still dating, but I absolutely have to make an exception today.

The background: Henry and I have been dating since March, and although he's said some strange things in the past, this one just really made me think, "this is totally going in my blog!!". We were out for his birthday and talking about weird dreams we've both been having lately. Henry said to me,

"I had a dream the other night that we had a complete and total economic collapse and reverted to a survivalist society. So tomorrow, I'm going to go and start preparing."

I laughed (because clearly I thought he was joking) but he stopped and asked me if I didn't think it could happen. I told him of course it could happen, I just don't think it will any time soon. Henry started to tell me about how the people that predicted the housing crisis were also laughed at, but look at us now. These same people also predict a survivalist society in the offing.

Still couldn't help but laugh.


"Imagine no grocery stores and no gas stations, what would you do? You should agree with me Liz. If you do and this does happen, I might just pick you up."

"Okay, Henry. I agree with you."

"Smart girl".

Ohhhh my life. You gotta be on these peoples good side.

...."Thanks for the candy!!!"....

No comments:

Post a Comment