
Last weekend I started going out with a new fella. He's actually a pretty stand up guy and I don't have a whole lot to call him out on yet... although you never know. For our first date we went out to one of my favorite low key bars (low key= they serve PBR cans) and we had a real good time.
Not THAT kind of good time. Get your mind out of the gutter!!
The third party in this story came in about 45 minutes into the date. She's actually a friend of a friend (hey! maybe you're reading this!) and so when she walked in I gave her a smile and a wave. A little while after that she swung by to say hey. The more the merrier. I made the proper introductions and eventually she asked us how we knew each other.
The moment of truth.
I looked at Eddie. Eddie looked at me. Grocery store. Crowded bar. Spin class. So many options! Then I remembered. I'm so open about this I write it all down and publish it on blogspot.
"We met online!"
"Oh."
The best way I could describe the look we got back would be to say that she looked at us like we were breathing AIDS. She pulled back a bit and responded, "I thought you guys were just hanging out".
Wait, isn't that what we were doing??
I'd like to dispel the following rumors about online dating:
1) We aren't all freaks. Although yeah, they're out there. And yeah, I'm a weirdo but it's half the fun.
2) We aren't all sad. No doubt some people are, but I promise I leave those people at home where they can listen to Every Rose Has Its Thorn alone on repeat.
3) When we go out, we hang out! We don't sit around doing stuff like this. That's more like a third date activity.
4) Everything else you've heard is true. Just kidding. But seriously.
Even though I told her it was no big deal, I think THE SITUATION made her feel uncomfortable and she peaced after that. He felt weird too so we finished our beers and changed venues. Once he does something embarrassing I'll be sure to share. For now he remains in my good graces.
No comments:
Post a Comment