Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cold Calls Reprise

This past weekend I gave my friend the gift of Match. Within her first couple days she made the same rookie mistake that I made (which as you may recall ended with me being accused of being racist...) Anyway, this one is about on par with the guys that tell you their weirdo tendancies (or that they're Plushies or something) you just leave them alone.


he said
Yesterday
i enjoyed reading your profile...are you able to receive e-mails on the site? (i ask so i don't send a longer e-mail that never gets read!)


you said
21 hours ago
RE: (none)
Hi there-Yep, I can receive messages. Hit me with your best shot ;)


he said
20 hours ago
sure...how has your match experience been going so far? do you visit dc often?


you said
20 hours ago
RE: (none)
This is my first foray into online dating, so excuse any awkwardness. I live in Arlington and work in VA, but I try to get into DC on the weekends. You?


he said
20 hours ago
RE: (none)
the online thing i'll admit is a bit of an old hat for me. nothing to boast about. you seem to be sharp and sassy. where does fitness and eating well fall in your list of priorities in life?


you said
17 hours ago
RE: (none)
Well Doctor, I go to Gold's Gym or outside for a run 5-6 times per week. This last week was rough because I've been feeling under the weather, but I usually just have one "rest" day per week. I absoutely love this Sports conditioning class that they have at Gold's, and I enjoy power yoga as well. I love food, but I am not an experienced cook, so I tend to eat on the healthier side, but if I really want a steak and some french fries, I'm going to have it. Ice cream is my favorite food group. I know your profile mentions that you're very into the whole natural food thing. Care to elaborate? I hope it's not one of those diets where you can't eat anything that casts a shadow.....

he said
16 hours ago

that's great you take advantage of the classes - really a better way of doing cardio than strapping yourself to the treadmill (which is pretty needed during those tough dc winter months)...i love running around the monuments, which are literally in my backyard. i live in downtown though can't really say where i'll be working as i'm switching companies after 7 years of loyalty.



food wise, i definitely don't have a diet. diets generally mean restricted calories. i eat like someone 50 pounds over me. i love natural foods and avoid processed stuff at all costs...never eat fried, don't eat pasta/sweets (except for when celebration calls) and generally like slower-made food. i eat a ton of protein salads. i make my own protein bars and protein muffins. i had my first grass-fed, organic beef experience tonight and i'm converted. stuff like that makes me tick.good food, working out, and the surrounding experience are very key to me. i am able to quickly grow close to someone with *some* commonality in those areas.too over-the-top for your taste or hanging in there?





you said
7 hours ago
RE: (none)
Hi there-I commend your discipline! I think it is great that you eat so cleanly but I think our priorities do not really match up in that arena. Have a great rest of the weeend. It was fun speaking with you.


he said
7 hours ago
RE: (none)that was a bit unexpected. i said i like sharing good food and fitness with a companion. not sure why that puts what we want in conflict.


Come on, guys. Don't mess with us ladies and our food. When you tell us about your protein muffins we start to fear you'll take chocolate away.

No comments:

Post a Comment